August meeting is the annual picnic. details are in the message below this message; however, we know many of you are eager to here what’s planned for the upcoming Fall speaker schedule.
Here is our schedule of speakers for the upcoming months
Here is our schedule of speakers for the upcoming months:
- September 20 – Axel Hildebrandt – Bird Photography
- October 18 – Lydia Panas – Fine Art Photography
- November 15 – Ed Heaton – Nature/Landscape Photography
- December 14 &15 – Tony Sweet – presentation on the 14th and workshop on the 15th. (note the dates, they are not our regularly scheduled meeting date, and treat yourself to an early Christmas present)
You won’t want to miss any of these speakers and presentations. I know I don’t. STAY TUNED FOR FURTHER DETAILS, COMING SOON!
Last year about a half dozen club members donated works to this worthy cause. While many donated images of wildlife and/or photos taken at the LV Zoo, Alan wants to remind folks that the images DO NOT HAVE TO BE OF ANIMALS OR THE ZOO. Any great images are appreciated. It is recommended that images be either framed or matted and in a clear bag so they will not be damaged.
Lehigh Valley Zoo’s ZOOrific Silent Auction is two months away! Auction items last year came from throughout the Lehigh Valley, from Virginia and even from South Africa! If you are interested in being a part of this year’s auction, please message me on Facebook or email me at email@example.com.
Rhonda, our activities chair, has suggested that anyone who is interested in donating a framed picture for a good cause, please bring it to our next meeting and she will gladly make sure the pictures arrive at the Lehigh Valley Zoo.
Our mistake … we forgot to add a link for Kalb Photo Supply under sponsors for our upcoming contest. This is a MAJOR mistake as Kalb has been generous enough to provide $500 in cash and prizes to the upcoming contest.
Please help us correct this oversight by considering buying your photo supplies (camera equipment, photo paper, inks) from Kalb. They have the widest selection of high quality paper in the Valley . In addition, Kalb is offering a 10% discount to all contest entrants and club members for ‘services’ (not products). Services includes sensor cleaning, digital imaging services, traditional lab services, etc.
This is exciting. There are more chances to show off your photography in the Lehigh Valley than ever before. Several of these events will overlap in November as we celebrate Photography Month in the Lehigh Valley. To help organize your knowledge of these we provide the following:
- The Lehigh Valley Photography Club (LVPC) will hold an Open Juried Photographic Exhibition from October 23rd through November 30th, 2012 at the Antonio Salemme Foundation Gallery . Sales of works exhibited are encouraged. Entry fee is $10 per entry for members and $15 per entry for non-members. Cash and prizes will total over $1,000. Entries should be submitted by Aug 7, so don’t delay in entering! NOTE: ENTRY TIME PERIOD EXTENDED UNTIL AUG. 21, HOWEVER A $2 LATE FEE IS ADDED FOR ENTRIES BETWEEN AUG. 8 AND AUG. 21. IT IS TO YOUR ADVANTAGE TO ENTER PRIOR TO AUG. 8th.
- The Lehigh Valley Photography Club (LVPC) will be exhibiting at the Gallery of the Jewish Community Center from November 12 through January 3rd. This will be a MEMBERS ONLY EVENT. Sales of works is encouraged and there will be a 35% commission to the JCC. This gallery will only have room for about 30 framed images. Details on selection process, etc. will follow in the coming month.
- InVision Pennsylvania Photographers Competition Exhibition – Separate from the LVPC Exhibition, InVision Photo Festival will be hosting its first open Juried Exhibition for all photographers residing in Pennsylvania. This exhibition in our Crayola Gallery is a special juried exhibition created to highlight the many talented photographers living and working in PA. The entry fee is $35 for 3 submissions. Entries should be submitted by September 3rd.
- InVision Photo Festival College Photography Contest – Students can submit up to 5. There will be Cash prizes: $1,500, $1,000 and $500 and I believe the works will be displayed at the Banana Factory. Entry fee is $25 for up to 5 submissions and deadline for submission is noted as September 17th. Applications can be downloaded at this link.
We hope this gets you excited to enter all of these contest to which you qualify and we hope this will help clarify the different options coming up.
It’s Picnic time! The Lehigh Valley Photography Club will be holding their third annual picnic on Thursday August 16, 2012. We will begin at 6:30 pm and hang out until dark. Our picnic will be in the Monacacy Park in Bethlehem, Pa.: http://www.mapquest.com/places/monocacy-park-bethlehem-pa-267734973/Monacacy
Weir at Monacacy Park
The club will provide the meats, paper products and drinks. We ask those that are attending to please bring a covered dish of your choice. Please bring whatever is necessary to share your dish. Family is welcomed and we encourage you to bring your loved ones. An event will be placed on Facebook. Please let us know if you are coming and how many will be in your party. We need this information in order to purchase enough food for all who attend.
Ideas of what to bring:
Fruit, salads, Debi’s peach cobbler,cookies, chips, etc…..
views at Monacacy Park