Correction: Date is June 22nd, not the 29th.
Our Bushkill Falls Photo Shoot will be on Saturday, June 22nd. Everyone can enjoy the beautiful waterfalls because there are some located close to the parking lot. However, there are hiking trails for the more adventurous photographers.
Bushkill Falls Road
Bushkill, PA 18324
Phone: (570) 588-6682
Time: 10:00 a.m.
Meeting Place: Ticket Entrance
Adults: $12.50 / day
Seniors (Ages 62 and older): $11.50 / day
Children (Ages 4 through 10): $7 / day
Children (Ages 3 and younger): Free
Note: Please allow extra time for driving due to traffic congestion in that area. I have never been there without encountering bad traffic near 209. There is a snack bar where you can purchase lunch.
You will be carrying your camera gear up and down quite a few stairs and over some rocky so keep that in mind when deciding what gear to bring.
The “Niagara of Pennsylvania,” Bushkill Falls is among the Keystone State’s most famous scenic attractions. This unique series of eight waterfalls, nestled deep in the wooded Pocono Mountains, is accessible through an excellent network of hiking trails and bridges which afford fabulous views of the falls and the surrounding forest.
Banana Factory, Thursday, June 20th, 7 p.m.
The June meeting of the Photography Club will be a photography competition. All members with dues paid are eligible. Those with past due memberships can pay at the event. For this informal event, the rules are made simple to encourage participation of all:
Two categories: Black and White and Color
- Each member can enter TWO images total ( i.e. 2 color OR 2 B&W OR 1 color& 1 B&W)
- Size limitations: Minimum image size is 8 inches on shortest side. Maximum size is 19 inches on the longest side
- Image preparation for Submission: Images should be mounted (e.g. rigid posterboard, foamboard, etc. OR attached within a mat. Images should have no name or title on the front. Images should have entrants name attached to the back, left side of the image.
- Digital editing and manipulation is allowed; however, final product must originate from a photographic image by you.
- NO PREREGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Just bring your images to the meeting.
- Judging Committee will be led by Ed Vatza. Small prizes TBA will be awarded.
Mid Atlantic Region Aerial Show
Reading Regional Airport
Carl A. Spaetz Field
Sat Jun 8th, 3:00 p.m.
This event is held from Friday –Sunday with many events going on throughout the time period. I chose the afternoon on Saturday because I have a 5K in the morning. The last two years we have gone in the morning, and I thought it might be nice to see some of the activities that go on later in the day.
Our last Foto Feedback until Fall will be on Tuesday June 4th at 7 pm at the Banana Factory. While we were sharing our flower images during the May Foto Feedback, we selected a few member images to compare everyone’s interpretation of for the June Foto Feedback. Let’s see what you can do with the images below. We’ll compare them and share the adjustments we made.
The rest of the agenda will be posted here shortly. Check back for the details.
Link to Image 1
Link to Image 2
Link to Image 3