The Lehigh Valley Photography Club (LVPC) Members Photographic Exhibition, November 2nd thru December 15th at the Sigal Museum, located at 342 Northampton Street, Easton, PA
Northampton County: Shaped by the Hand of Man
ENTRY GUIDELINES FOR 2013 LVPC Exhibit:
The theme exhibit entries should be of or similar to photos that could be from our region. Northampton County is being defined by the ORIGINAL boundaries of PA, thus eastern PA. It is not a requirement that the images be taken in Northampton County; however the images should represent something that one could expect in our region and must include at least one element caused by the ‘hand of man’. Subject matter could include artifacts from local native Americans, architecture of our region, fields cultivated in rows via the local farmers, images of local produce at the market, even people or products from our region, etc. Feel free to be creative.
Each Lehigh Photography Club Member with up to date dues is allowed to submit Three (3) images. Due to the anticipated number of entries, the contest will have a two-step process. The first step process is a “selection step” by the which the total number of entries will be down-selected to approximately 50 images. For this step, images should be submitted as digital entries to: email@example.com.
It’s requested that you size the image to:
- 1080 pixels on the short size
- a resolution of 92 pixels/inch and
- convert the images to the sRGB color space.
- Name files with: Members name and Image title. Anticipated size of completed piece would be helpful too.
- This will decrease file size and make handling easier. If these directions are confusing to you, upload your image as you see best and we’ll do our best to make the conversion correct.
The goal is to showcase as many member’s works as possible in this event and generally at least one work will be accepted from each member entry prior to a second selection for any member. The images will be selected by a committee nominated by our Exhibition Chair. The decision of this committee is final.
The owners of those ‘top images’, will be notified by October 16th that their images have been selected for the show.
- Paid members of Lehigh Valley Photography Club
- Entrant must have captured and created the original exposure.
- Entrant may submit a maximum of 3 entries.
- Digital editing and manipulation is allowed; however, final product must originate from a photographic image by you.
REGISTRATION AND FEES
- Registration will open on October 1, 2013 (Tuesday).
- No Entry Fee is required but dues should be current.
- Digital images must be uploaded by Monday October 14, 2013, 5:00 PM.
Please note: Due to the time constraints at this time, and if your dues are not current, or if you would like to join and enter this exhibit, you may do so. Please note this in your submissions including a note as to how you are handling dues payment in your submission email.
then send your dues ASAP, via mail to:
Lehigh Valley Photography Club
PO Box 325
Hellertown, PA 18055
Or pay via Paypal at: THIS LINK.
ACCEPTED WORK SUBMISSION/DELIVERY FOR HANGING
All entrants with images accepted for exhibition will be notified via email.
Works should be should be hand delivered to the Sigal Museum, Easton, PA, Friday, November 1 between 10AM and 1PM. The club recognizes that this window is very tight and that some have jobs that preclude their delivering works to the museum. To help this problem, we will also accept ready works at our regular club meeting on October 17, 2013. We recognize this alternate date is an even shorter window for delivery, so we recommend printing to standard sizes such as 11×14 and using standard pre-cut mats and frames such as a 16×20 frame.
PRESENTATION QUALITY AND SIZE LIMITATIONS
The selected images should be printed, matted and framed as noted below for inclusion in the gallery show. During the Gallery showing period, works will be offered for sale to the public at a price determined by the photograph owner. Entrant name or affiliation may be displayed on the photographic work submitted for exhibition.
- A completed Entry Label (sent with results) must be attached to the back of each photographic work prior to delivery.
- Outside dimension of finished work (including mount, frame, etc.) shall not exceed 32 inches in width or height.
- Eligible entries must be printed, mounted/framed and securely wired for hanging. No clips or “fast frames” will be accepted. No other forms of hanging options will be accepted. With that, creative presentations including: framed with or without glass, framing in plexiglass, canvas prints,etc. are up to the maker’s discretion. Works mounted on hardboard or other materials can be accepted if it can accommodate secure wiring, and also have a finished look. Mats should be white, black or neutral shades only.
- The exhibition committee reserves the right to not accept any work not following exhibit guide lines or professional standards.
- The top (approximately) 50 images will be displayed from November 2 to December 15, 2013.
- Artist reception, November 8 from 5 until 8pm. This will be in conjunction with a downtown Easton Gallery Walk.
- Sales of the photographic work during the exhibition will be allowed. Selling price of works should be determined by the image owner. When determining pricing, please note that all sales proceeds generated during or as a result of the exhibition will be subject to a 20% commission on sales. Offering the work for sale is totally at the option of the artist.
- All works, whether purchased or not must remain for the duration of the exhibition and cannot be removed for any reason. No exceptions.
POST EXHIBITION ARTWORK PICK-UP
For those with pieces in the exhibition, pick-up of your works after the show will be on Thursday, December 19th from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.
CONDITIONS AND LIABILITY
- Although the utmost care will be taken, LVPC, its members or affiliates assume no responsibility for any damage to or loss of any prints or photographic work during this event.
- Your entry acknowledges permission to have your work photographed for promotional use by InVision or LVPC.
There will be limited space and we are giving you limited time so start picking your best!
If you have any questions or concerns, email them to: Janet Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org