Meeting Date – Thursday, October 16, 2014Meeting Time – 7:00PM at the Banana Factory
Travel around the world with Denise during this one hour lecture/slide program which will include a variety of images from the Galapagos, South Georgia and the Falkland Islands, Japan, Torres del Paine in Chile, Alaska, Florida, Bosque del Apache New Mexico, Camargue France, Yellowstone and Grand Teton, Keukenhof in Holland and more… This slide program is for nature lovers and contains a lot of bird photography. Denise will share some of her photography tips and techniques as well as some of her experiences at each location.
- About the speaker: Denise is a full time professional photographer, workshop leader, and artist living in NJ. Her images have been featured in text books, magazines, calendars and most recently a Sierra Club Documentary. One of her most recent (of many) eBooks is Bloomin’ Ideas. It features 55 of her evocative flower images that represent her unique way of blending art and nature. Denise travels extensively presenting slide lectures and seminars and teaching photography and Photoshop. Her workshops feature a variety of subjects including: avian, flower, urbex and HDR photography. Learn more about Denise by visiting her website at www.deniseippolito.com.
- Note from the Club President: Denise’s talk kicks off our annual drive for membership for the upcoming 2015 calendar year. Denise is eager to help the club and is offering several very nice door prizes that we’ll be giving away at this particular meeting. Bring guests to the meeting and earn additional tickets to win door prizes.
Door Prize List
- Five copies of Denise Ippolito and Arthur Morris’ newest eBook, ”The Art of Flower Photography,” 203 pages with more than 140 images
- A $250 certificate that can be applied to one of Denise’s workshops
- A Delkin Devices card reader www.delkin.com
Door Prize Ticket Information
- One ticket per attendee
- Additional 2 tickets per member for each visitor you bring (spouse and your children excluded)
- $5.00 meeting fee for non-members (waived if attendee joins LVPC within 3 months)At the beginning of this meeting, there will be an overview of the Olympus Invision Photo Festival (Nov 7-9, 1014). Additional door prizes to be given away at the October meeting include:
- Olympus Invision Photo Festival – Saturday Pass
- A pass to the workshop, “Out of this World”-Photograph the Works of Steve Tobin.
The Lehigh Valley Photography Club and Hillcrest Camera Club will have a collaborative exhibition at the Allentown Art Museum from November 15 through December 18, 2014. Each club will provide 40 framed images to the event. While the framing and mounting guidelines will be the same for both clubs, the selection process for each club may be slightly different. Click the link below to see the full information about the submission guidelines as they pertain to the Lehigh Valley Photography Club. For those images that are selected, the display guidelines are outlined as well. Please carefully note the dates and deadlines. Images selected will have approximately one month to get the works printed and framed for hanging. We look forward to seeing your work.
Please note that electronic submissions are due by midnight Sunday, October 5, 2014. Enter your submissions via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Allentown Art Museum Display Dates: NOVEMBER 15 to DECEMBER 19
Deliver and Hang – Thursday, November 13 (continue hanging on 14th if needed)
Reception – Sunday, November 16 from 1 to 3 PM
Removal – Saturday, December 20
Our next photo shoot will be at Grounds for Sculpture
Saturday, October 11th Rain Date Sun Oct 12th
126 Sculptors Way Hamilton, NJ 08619
It is worth the drive to get there. We will be meeting in front of the big round mirror by the Arts Building at 10:00 a.m. This place has a lot of photo opportunities for a wide angle and/or zoom lens. You might even like to take some macro shots. It is very interesting to see works of art come to life in the sculptures.
Thursday, September 18, 2014 Meeting – Speaker Jim DelGuidice
Meeting Time – 7:00PM at the Banana Factory in Bethlehem, PA.
Photographer Presenter: Ernest Pile, Lehigh Valley Photography Club,
A lifetime Morris County, New Jersey resident, Jim DelGiudice has used his eyes and voice to document the New Jersey scene for more than thirty years. His architectural photography for books, published by Rutgers University Press, and his participation in Drew University’s Historic Preservation Program have won him a share of the state’s Historic Preservation Award three times. In the millennium year, Jim was cited by both the NJ state and county legislatures for his lifetime contribution to the arts. In 2010, he provided both his literary and photographic skills by serving as photo editor of the book “A Lifetime with Shakespeare: Notes from an American Director of all 38 Plays,” by Paul Barry and published by McFarland & amp; Company. He is currently, and has been for a number of years, an assistant professor (adjunct) at County College of Morris (NJ) in the Department of Fine Arts, and also lectures frequently at Columbia University (NYC), as well as at various prestigious adult and professional groups in and around the New York metropolitan area.