Attention Members. We have some information to pass on to you with regard to admission prices for the Art Museum. While they understand that our work is on display, they cannot grant limited access to just the Community Gallery space while at the museum. The Allentown Art Museum is unable to offer free admission to the photography club members except on Sundays and Thursday evenings. If you want free admission, you must go on Sundays and/or Thursday evenings. Otherwise, you will have to pay their regular admission prices.
Our committee has been busily planning some interesting photo shoots for you to enjoy. We are also in the process of creating a survey that we would like everyone to answer. We are going to use your responses to help us plan future photo shoots.
First, let’s explore some reasons why you should join us on the photo shoots.
1. You will have the opportunity to get to know the other members of the club as there is more time for socialization. This is #1 because I think it is the most important. The members of the LVPC are very friendly, but as a new member it is easy to feel ignored at Program Meetings because there is not a lot of time for socialization.
2. You will be able to explore places that you may never have been before.
3. There are members with varying degrees of photography experience at every photo shoot, and every member is always more than willing to answer any questions you might have.
4. The shoots are a great opportunity to learn a new skill because there are other photographers that are willing to share their knowledge.
5. We visit some places over and over again because they provide us with the opportunity to critique our pictures and improve them as our experience grows.
6. Finally, the #2 reason why we enjoy attending our photo shoots. We usually get together for breakfast, if it is really early, or for lunch after our shoots. We always enjoy the great food, but the company is even better!
Upcoming Photo Shoots to put on your calendar.
December – Lehigh Valley Zoo Winter Light’s Spectacluar – Friday, December 12, 2014 Time TBA (It will be around 4:30 p.m.)
February – This will be our Still Life Photo Shoot. Date TBA – (It will be from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m.) I am hoping to get the room reserved for the 7th.
March – Middle Creek Snow Geese March 7, 2014 & Whitewater Dam Release Date TBA
Philadelphia Zoo – April Date TBA
Meeting Date – Thursday, November 20, 2014 Meeting Time – 7:00PM at the Banana Factory
Mike Moats is a pro macro photographer from Michigan. His articles and images have been published in many major photo magazines and he has written several how-to macro and photo business eBooks. Mike’s images have won local and international awards. He is one of Tamron’s Master Image Makers, and was a member of the Fuji Pro Talent Team. Mike offers three day Macro Boot Camps all across the USA, and an online Macro Mentoring Course.
Door prizes to be given away at the meeting:
Mike Moatz paper book: Tiny Landscapes, and the e-book on CD Creating Art With Macro.
How are we so lucky to get Mike, all the way from Michigan? As luck would have it, he’ll be teaching his Mike Moats Macro Boot Camp, November 21-23:
Location of the workshop
Wyndham Garden Hotel
1110 Baltimore Pike
Glen Mills, PA 19342
Dates and times,
November 21 5:30pm – 8:00pm
November 22 9:00am – 5:00pm
November 23 9:00am – 2:00pm
Sign up at, www.macrostoreonline.com
- Punch: apple juice, sparkling water, cranberry juice, ginger ale (Each person could bring 1 or 2).
- 2 bags of ice
- Fruit: grapes, kiwi, pineapple, etc.
- Desserts/Cookies: homemade or bought.