Please note that there have been some changes regarding delivery and hanging. They have been noted with ***.
LOCATION: The Art Establishment, 945 Broadway, Fountain Hill, PA 18015
***EXHIBIT DATES: Thursday, October 27, 2016 to Wednesday, November 30, 2016
- Each paid LVPC member may submit two or three images for jurying.
- Digital editing and manipulation is allowed, however the final product must originate from a photographic image by member.
- There is no theme. Nudes are permitted.
- Image cannot have previously been exhibited in any other LVPC exhibit.
- Submission fee, $10 for up to 3 entries. Payment can be made at our September 15, 2016 meeting, via PayPal on our Payments page, or by mailing a check to:
Lehigh Valley Photography Club
PO Box 1703
Bethlehem, PA 18016
DEADLINE: Sunday, September 18, 2016 by midnight
*Members will be notified with jurying results along with further instructions starting Wednesday, September 21st, allowing 4 weeks to prepare works for exhibit. Entry does not guarantee acceptance into the exhibit.
- Requested size: 1080 pixels on the short side with a resolution of 92 pixels/inch
- File format: JPEG and sRGB color space
- Email submissions to: email@example.com
- Subject line of email: Art Establishment
- Naming Files Include: Member Name, Image Title
- Member contact info: E-mail and phone numbers(s) Intended enlargement/print size. (Important!)
Please Note: Each submission constitutes an agreement to use selected entries for promotional purposes. If you do NOT want your image used you MUST state that with submission.
***DELIVERY: It has been arranged that you may drop off your framed work at the October 20th club meeting. Simply bring it to the Banana Factory and it will be transported to the Art Establishment. If you use this option, be sure to attach your entry form to the back of your work. In order to provide safe transport to the venue, please make sure your work is wrapped, and/or cover the glass with a piece of cardboard. If you cannot attend the meeting, you may still drop off your work at the Art Establishment per the original schedule:
- Friday, October 21st, 5 PM – 8PM
- Saturday, Oct. 22nd, 10AM – 2PM.
***INSTALLATION: Tuesday & Wednesday, October 25th & 26th (Email Janet Dean if you wish to help.)
RECEPTION: Friday, November 4th, 7PM – 10PM
PICK-UP: Thursday, December 1st, 10 AM – 8PM
FRAMING GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTED WORK:
- All photos must be matted and framed with glass or Plexiglas, with the exception of images printed on canvas, metal or board substrates.
- Finished size (outside dimension) cannot be smaller than 11×14 or larger than
- 24” x 30”. (Image no smaller than 8×10).
- Mats must be of at least 4-ply thickness (no paper mats) and neutral shades, such as white, ivory, gray or black. (Color and textured mats are allowed in the mat core or inside reveal of double mats only.)
- All pieces must be wired and ready to hang.
- Frames must be a simple style of sturdy metal or wood. No plastic, clip, poster or similar frames will be allowed. Damaged frames, cracked or broken glass or poorly cut mats, etc. will not be accepted/shown unless corrected and resubmitted before the public opening.
- A copy of the registration form must be attached to the back upper left of the work. (Registration forms will be sent with acceptance letter and also available at drop-off.)
Please contact Exhibition Chairperson, Janet Dean, preferably at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610-739-1468 if interested in serving on the exhibition committee or if you have any questions regarding exhibition, instructions, guidelines, framing or presentation of your work. Please do not call the Art Establishment with your questions.
The exhibition committee reserves the right to refuse any submissions that do not follow guidelines or professional standards, and we cannot guarantee that all members will be accepted into the exhibit.