Sight and Sound Multimedia Slideshow – Presentations by Members
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY JUNE 9 AT 12:00 MIDNIGHT
Our regular club meeting for the month of June will be on Thursday, June 15, 2017. This will be a different type of meeting because LVPC will showcase our member’s work!
Here’s a terrific opportunity to put your photographs to music! At the next club meeting, June 15, we’re presenting member-produced slideshows. Every member is welcome, so submit your slideshow by Midnight, Thursday, June 1, 2017. You can “Dropbox” your slideshow to Info.LVPC@gmail.com noting your name and title and length of slideshow.
Here are some guidelines and suggestions to keep in mind when putting together your show:
- Software: Lightroom has a slideshow module or Google slideshow software and find something that works for you. ProShow Gold ($70)is one of the best
- Format should be MP4 or MOV
- Keep the show approximately 2 – 3 minutes in length
- Figure about 3 to 4 seconds per slide
- For a total of 30 to 50 images
- Include an opening slide with your name, title of the show and music credit
- Sort out the order of your images before launching the slideshow software
- Match the music to the images. In other words, have a clear relationship between what’s being heard with what’s being seen
- To give your slideshow a strong, recognizable style, it’s important to be selective and consistent about the effects choices (and other style elements like fonts & colors) used in your slideshow.
- Based on your images, pay attention to dark or light background effect styles
- After you think the show is done, take a break and look at it again in a day or two. You may find it still needs tweaking
- Use Dropbox to send your slideshow to Info.LVPC@gmail.com by midnight, Friday, June 9. Please note your name and the title and length of slideshow by midnight, Friday, June 9
We look forward to seeing your work!